Monday, October 17, 2011

In the rain

                                                                                      Source: None via Daniella on Pinterest

"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

It must be because I was raised in New Mexico, where it's sunny 97% of the time, but I love gloomy weather. Rain, sleet, and snow are my delight. I don't much care for wind, but if it brings a cloudy cool rain storm with it, I welcome it like an old friend. Today I'm watching the wind whip the trees and bushes and grass outside and pelt my windows with glorious rain, and I'm comfy inside with quilts and home-made wassail and a very good book.
My dog is acting a bit goofy, chasing her tail in circles and jumping all over me during my workout because I haven't braved walking her in this weather, but her antics make for amusing company.
This weekend I started putting in writing some of the many lists I like to make in my head. You already saw "things I love about my dog" and "things I hate about my dog." I'm working on "things that make me nervous," "dreams I've had that were too embarrassing to tell anyone about," "jokes I've taken too far and offended someone with," and a myriad of others. I like the practice of finding a common theme or thread in my life and adding each case to a mental list. I'm going to have to get awfully brave before I share some of the lists, I was even nervous that some crazy animal lover would get angry that I sometimes hate my dog. Guess that should go on my lists of "things that make me nervous!"
We went to a costume party on Friday night and then spent most of the rest of the weekend at home so Phillip could catch up on homework and I could get addicted to "Lie to Me," a really interesting TV show on Netflix.
How was  your weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment