Thursday, July 25, 2013

{on repeat}

This afternoon I'm trying to get caught up and ahead on a few chores. I'm leaving town again for a while next week and trying to leave my house in respectable order for some friends to borrow it while I'm gone. I'm drinking iced coffee, trying to stay away from the seductive call of the deck chairs, and smelling the delicious rain falling outside. It's making me lazy and sleepy and peaceful. 
I'm listening to this on repeat. 
This song was in our wedding. It makes me feel so romantic, peaceful, and nostalgic-happy-sad. I wish there was a word for that sweet feeling.
I'm off to clean my fridge. 
Have a perfectly peaceful afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful feeling... and a beautiful song. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Moon River' was also my Paw's song. He sang it loudly with a deep bass voice on Saturday mornings so that the house vibrated. It is rather wonderful to have something jump a generation and still be an absolute favorite. I write this with tears in my eyes as I listen to the music :-) HUGS

    ReplyDelete