Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recipe Day: One-pan chicken, sausage, and sweet potatoes

Cold days call for hearty meals, and since it's April and has been snowing for days, that's exactly what I need. 
I used to make this delicious dish I liked to call "Rosemary Chicken." It involved frying up chicken breasts, sausage, and potatoes and then baking them with fresh rosemary. But one day I discovered this new recipe that's not only healthier, it's much easier, too!
1 pack chicken thighs
1 pack sausage
2 sweet potatoes
1/2 an onion
1 apple (I used fuji I think)
Olive oil
Maple syrup
Salt
Pepper
I just throw the chicken thighs in the bottom of a roasting pan of some kind. I cut up the sausage, sweet potatoes, onion, and apple. I drizzle it all with olive oil and a tiny bit of maple syrup and bake it covered in foil for about an hour at 400 degrees. I stir it once about halfway through and then in the last 10 minutes or so I remove the foil and turn it up to 425. Salt and pepper to taste. 
So, so filling and hearty! I love this meal! Phillip doesn't like the apples and onions, but I just cut them in chunks so he can avoid them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm....I haven't tried that one with sweet potatoes! That sounds excellent. I'll have to make it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete