Thursday, June 28, 2012

Right now


  • Right now I'm listening to two dogs fight/play in my yard. Rosie's got a friend for a while due to the fire evacuations south of Denver. 
  • Right now I'm nursing several enormous bruises, most notably one on my inner right calf that makes it almost impossible to squat down without crying.
  • Right now I'm drinking coffee, coffee, coffee to compensate for the fact that apparently I don't sleep anymore. I just lie awake daydreaming about soccer and Dr. Who. It's special.
  • Right now I'm praying for my grandpapa who was admitted to the hospital yesterday with kidney stones and a 103 fever. 
  • Right now I'm sort of regretting granite counter-tops because I already stained them with grease.
  • Right now I'm longing for Lydia to come and cut my bangs and get them out of my eyes.
  • Right now my least favorite song in the whole world is "Call me, maybe" by...whoever. And now it's probably stuck in your head. You're welcome.
  • Right now I'm contemplating this: "Solitude is not so much the place we find answers as the place we decide if we're going on, possibly alone....Many of us will. Because the privilege of wrestling with such a holy and mysterious God still beats the numbness and pitiful mediocrity of life otherwise." Beth Moore
  • Right now you're wondering why I can't come up with anything interesting to post about this week. Me too. Me. Too. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I was wondering if they're going to be affected by the fires, so I've been praying for their safety. And how about you? You're not near the fires, are you? My CO geography is nonexistent. LOL

    And of course, now all I can think of is "Right now, he's probably slow dancing with a bleached blonde tramp and she's probably getting frisky," so thanks for that. That song will be in my head for DAYS. :-)

    Oh, and Dr. Who is a perfectly valid daydream. Which doctor currently occupies your mind? I like 11, but I think 10 will always have my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up on my Google Reader... and goodness, I'm sorry this was such a crazy stressful time for you. Those wildfires sounded scary.
    I like the quote. That's a good thought.

    ReplyDelete