Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy {be the heroine} weekend!




It's finally Friday in what has seemed like a very long week.
I'm watching an intrepid one year old and her enormous doberman, and neither one seems at all daunted by being displaced from their home by the wildfires. Little Lola and I are heading to the hospital soon to try to help my grandmama out, at least with moral support.
This quote has been such a great reminder that, no matter what happens to us here on earth, we can still be the heroine in our own story. The victim tends to die off near the beginning of the story, but the heroine's story goes on in spite of the challenges she faces. I'm holding on to the fact that the story is not over, and the actions and reactions of the heroine are what keeps it interesting. 
Also, I'm expecting numerous drug-related search hits on my blog now.
See, I just said drug. Oops.
Have a heroic weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I had to read it three times before I got it. Heroine, not heroin. Got it. (you see how sheltered our childhood was?)

    ReplyDelete