Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday's Child: Color Craze

                                                                          Source: havenspie.tumblr.com via Daniella on Pinterest

Pretty! I want to make those pennants so badly! I've made them before using craft paper, but I have so many scraps of fabric that I know would be perfect. And that rug is adorable! And I think the canopy is just an upgraded IKEA canopy, so that would be easy! In fact, a lot of this stuff looks like it's from IKEA. But it doesn't look IKEA, you know?! 
In other news, I had to Google for several minutes before I could remember the word "pennant," even though I've used it many times before. I Googled "triangle banner" and eventually found the right word. Don't you hate it when a word is right on the tip of your brain? This doesn't just happen to me, right?
Also, I made a crockpot pot roast for dinner because hopefully Brie and Joanna will be here by then! I actually technically made two pot roasts, because I had two very small pot roasts in my freezer that I didn't think would be enough for all of us. But now it'll probably be way too much food. And my hands smell strongly of onion and garlic. Speaking of which, how do you make pot roast? Do you put anything in to flavor it other than carrots or potatoes or onions? I used all three, and since I was kind of bored with my last few pot roasts, I poured about 1/3 cup red wine into a jar and shook it up with salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley and then poured it over the pot roast. I'll let you know if it's any good. 
I suppose I better get back to cleaning up my house. Writing blog posts is far more entertaining, but probably less productive. Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I do like the room. The White gives it a simple look, while the color is fun. :)

    You will have to let us know how your roast turns out! The wine on it sounds good. Mom makes this to-die-for steak sauce with peppercorns and white wine. So it in the roast sounds good. :D

    ReplyDelete