Wednesday, May 25, 2011

To do...

Oh, how I would like to run away and have a Breakfast at Tiffany's style day of general carefree wanderings!
But unfortunately, the weather is gloomy and not at all conducive to skipping through the streets in fabulous Audrey-esque fashions.
And my sink is full of dirty dishes leftover from last night's gluten free lasagna, which wasn't nearly as good as gluten-full lasagna and also left some very sticky dishes to soak. 
And I really need to run my dog, poor thing, before she goes stir-crazy in the house. But it's chilly outside (see point number one) and also I'm just plain lazy. 
I also need to make cookies for my neighbor who helped us move in about four weeks ago.
I need to organize and unpack and clean my house in preparation for our first ever house guests (in this house, at least) who are coming on Friday. Which is probably the most exciting part! Except I don't like organizing and unpacking. I'd prefer for that part to take care of itself so I can get back to decorating.
Speaking of decorating, I got a new nightstand for our guest room at Goodwill yesterday! As well as a few other fabulous little things to go about the house. I am absolutely in love with the guest room now, I just want to sit and stare at it all day long. And I don't know if I can wait until next week to photograph it and show it to you! Except I really had better, since I haven't gotten around to buying picture-hanging wire and so there is a picture or two still waiting patiently on the floor. And also, did I mention that the weather is extremely gloomy and cloudy, which won't make for very pretty pictures? 
Obviously, I'm not feeling very motivated today. 
But maybe that's ok? How do you motivate yourself ? 

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, can't wait to see the guest bedroom!

    Hmm, procrastination. I don't know what you are talking about. I mean, it isn't like I am blogger when I should be doing school or dishes. :D Ugh. It is something I don't do well with. I guess I just have to get up and do it. After my normal morning routine I sit down and write out a list of things for me to do. I tend to do more things if I do that. I guess I prepare my brain to get to work. :D

    Alright, I am going to do what I say and get school done. :)

    ReplyDelete