Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas prep

                                                                Source: sweetsomethingdesign.blogspot.com via Daniella on Pinterest

I told you I'd be busy this week!
My Monday was filled with appointments and meetings and a dinner date with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. 
We finally got our tree on Tuesday after I spent a long day wrapping presents galore and trying to finish up my shopping. I spent a while on Tuesday night decorating and putting the presents under the tree. Hopefully I'll get the house cleaned up enough before we leave to take a few shots of our decor for you! I'm loving the tabletop, which should be no surprise to you!
Yesterday I had to leave the house at 7:15 and was gone pretty much all day long. I had a physical therapy appointment where they stuck maybe 50 or more charged needles into my back and neck to try to shock my muscles into submission. That was the weirdest, achey-est experience. And since then my back has been so so sore. But hopefully it will help in the long run. I spent the rest of the day helping my grandmother decorate her tree, did a tiny bit of shopping, followed almost immediately by AWANA club. Last night I was so sleepy and sore, we ate a very late dinner and I took a bath and went to bed. 
Today I get to stay home, mostly, with a small interruption for a quick get together with a friend. I have to clean the house, finish decorating, wrap more presents, and possibly make just a few more crafts for a few more friends. Tomorrow it's off to the races, with a white elephant party and a birthday bash to attend, as well as packing for another week away. And in between the activities of the next few days, I'll attempt to write a few more posts to keep you entertained with while I'm away. 
And to top it all off, I'm on day four of my "no-sugar pre-Christmas detox program," which basically means that I haven't had sugar of any kind since Sunday and the lack of chocolate will either kill me or make me stronger. 
But once I'm done with all the little chores and tasks and errands, we'll be back at my parent's once again and celebrating in earnest with friends and loved ones. 
What have you been up to this week?
Have a wonderful, productive Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment