Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy {almost Thanksgiving} Monday!

Good morning! 
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!
Yesterday I put together my Thanksgiving table decor and I wanted to share it with you, mostly because I'm so stinking excited about it! 
Also, I figured it was about time I showed you my dining room, which admittedly is not very exciting on its own, but it's super awesome for Thanksgiving. 
Here's the whole dining room in all of its glory. Yep, I have one whole picture up! No curtains. They'd have to match the curtains on all four windows in the living room and so far I've had insufficient funds to purchase six or more identical panels. Instead I spend all my money at H&M. Clothes are more fun!
The rug is from IKEA, the chairs are from Overstock and Tuesday Morning, the table was a consignment buy,  the (real) sheepskins are from Sam's Club and the artwork was drawn by moi.
And here are the table settings in all their glory! I really really like them.
Blue Willow dishes from my hope chest, chargers from Tuesday Morning, napkins from World Market, vase and candle sticks from Hobby Lobby, hedgehog and runner from Target. 
I had so much fun mixing shiny gold leaves and chargers with natural weave, feathers, burlap, and twine. I also put together a little bouquet out of extra feathers, leaves, and wheat. 
Fun fun fun!
 
I had to do two different settings - there are darker and light chargers, for one thing. And half of the places have bigger leaves and wheat instead of feathers. 
I just realized that I didn't set out the silverware. That's because literally all of my silverware is in the dishwasher right now. Don't worry, it's running. Besides, I think silver would have thrown off my gold theme. So just pretend there's some snazzy gold flatware photoshopped in there ;)
I'm only showing you this one because of the adorable little owl I got at Target. I love him. Ignore the vacuum handle poking up in the background. 
That's all, folks!
Have a great Monday!
(All photographs mine, obviously)

5 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, Daniella! I thought you had found the pictures online- and then you said that it was your house. :D It looks wonderful to me. You were very creative with decor. That isn't always easy to do, but you pulled it off and made it lovely.

    Have a happy Thanksgiving!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's both elegant and modern and very YOU. I love those chargers so much I may have to guy buy some myself! Do you think they come in silver? I want to come to your Thanksgiving! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!! I love your little owl, too. I'm glad you went ahead and decorated, because it looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so impressed! The wheat is a really nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE your china! That's is such a beautiful pattern - you're napkin holders are absolutely precious as well!

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete