Thursday, September 22, 2011

Inspired by {little things}

This week I've been focusing on all the little things that bring happiness and a little hint of glamour to my everyday life. 
Almost every afternoon I make myself a little pot of tea and drink it from this thrifted tea cup and pot. This week, my grandmother went out of town and told me to cut all of her roses before they died in the frost. 
More of my grandmother's roses in a little cream pitcher, along with our wedding pictures, a postcard (complete with secret message) from my little sister in Germany, and a houseplant from IKEA that's been making me smile. 
A stack of old family photos I found (I think my dad used to carry these in his wallet) in a big mosaic bowl. I absolutely love that center one of my mom and older sister. I can't believe how beautiful my mom was (and still is)!  
A few fall things to brighten up my dining room table, including flowers I picked on a walk last weekend and a pumpkin from my in-law's garden.
Veggies my grandpa grew and picked for me before the first frost. I love cooking with fresh fall veggies!
What little things are inspiring you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment