Thursday, June 2, 2011

...to grow up...

That's right. It's my birthday. The happiest day of the year. 
I am not actually all that excited to be turning 24. I know it certainly isn't "old." But it doesn't feel all that young any more, either. And it makes me wonder: Have I grown up and become who I am? Who I should be?
I am so grateful for all the amazing changes that have affected me so deeply throughout the last year. I can't believe where I am now and where I've come from. I've left a job I didn't love, a city full of people I did, and a lot of uncertainty behind me. And ahead of me lies a whole heap more uncertainty, and a huge pile of possibilities.
So this year, my goal is to grow up into who I am and who God wants me to be. 
And maybe to eat some cake and ice cream. Life's short, after all!
So Happy Birthday to me! Thank you all for reading my blog! It truly makes my day, every day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday Daniella! I have enjoyed your blog so much- keep up the good work!
    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete