Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Katsucon!

That's right, folks, I am here to display just how much of a geek I truly am. Over the weekend, Phillip and I attended Katsucon at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center. Phillip had a photography assignment that required a picture of a "character," so we headed down to get some good character shots. 
And it. was. awesome.
Everybody was so excited to have their photo taken!
I loved this girl. Her hair was crazy! 
Anastasia is one of my very favorite Princesses! 
Phillip knows who this is. Do you? 
The queen of hearts was really cool!
More black and red coolness.
Since I'm not a huge anime fan, I didn't recognize a lot of the characters. I did, however, recognize these awesome X-Men costumes! This Wolverine costume was legit. Very, very realistic. 
Mystique was also really realistic. I didn't get a great picture of it, but her eyes were yellow! 
I just watched How to Train Your Dragon the other day, and I loved it! This person in the Toothless costume was super dedicated.
Her entire dress was made of Duck Tape.
As I was leaving, I saw this Peep. Seriously, best costume ever!
Would you ever go to this type of convention? And more importantly, would you dress up? Leave me a comment telling me your dream costume!

4 comments:

  1. I already have a costume--my Victorian wedding dress, of course. Now if I could only get in it! Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go! I would also probably dress up... but I might spend years thinking of and then making my dream costume, because I don't have a clue.

    P.S. I'm glad we can all see these pictures! The pictures on my blog always stop showing up after a few hours....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those costumes are awesome!!! I think the person in the toothless costume should get an award for dedication and creativity! I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww You took pictures of me. I was Mystique. ^____^ You can find me on facebook.com/MewPuff

    ReplyDelete