Thursday, August 5, 2010

Guest Post: Two Cottages

Hey everyone!! Today I have a special treat for you! My good friend Tim from Panzerkampfwagen 7 has offered to do a series for us on architecturual design. So, instead of the foofy details I give you, get ready to see some houses with great bones! Without further ado, here's Tim:
__________________________________________________

This house is pretty simple from the outside, kind of boring in fact, but I really like that interior layout. Feels really snug and cozy, especially having the stairs in the very middle of the house. I think if the outside had more pizzazz, this house could really be rockin’, maybe add a few more windows, make it less plain, etc. I think something…more…needs to be done about the front entrance.
The outside view


Floor plans, downstairs and upstairs respectively






I really like this view inside of the living room, looking at the foot of the stairs


If you want to see other pics of the house and more info about it, check out here.
This house is pretty neat too. Mostly bare wood and glass, fits pretty much anywhere rural, nestled amongst the trees overlooking some great view of a lake or a valley or your local high school , if you are unlucky. I like it a lot, but it feels cluttered, so many windows, so many porches, and the interior layout seems really overly segmented and built around a single hallway – any kind of foot traffic in the house is gonna’ be a pain. I think if they moved the stair to the opposite wall.


Interior, downstairs and upstairs respectively




Unfortunately, there are no inside pics. You will need to use your imagination for that : )

(All pictures take from ArchitecturalDesigns.com)

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I think a little more landscaping would make the outsides of both those houses prettier and more appealing! Every house looks better with pretty trees and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too! Especially the first house, it seems really lonely looking. The second one would look really nice with spruce and fir trees around it, it would look even better in the winter time. Oh and I changed the name of my blog to "Tim - Unleashed!" as it's focus has been much less ww2 and more the random stuff that pops into my head

    ReplyDelete