Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tutu



When I was a little girl, I used to love The Nutcracker. We had a taped performance that my older sister and I watched again and again. I took ballet for 1 year, but then they moved me into a tumbling class becuase I had too much energy. But secretly, I was dying inside for a ballerina tutu. Not the floaty pink see through skirts that young ballerinas wore to class. No sir. I wanted a full, stiff, straight out tutu. It was a childhood dream that has since died, becaue I realize that the image of my hips and thighs completely bare would make people (me) scream I'm just too old for that now.
Or maybe I'm not? Obviously, celebrities can get away with anything. But so can these models. These seem to be in style at the moment. Maybe I'll get myself a tutu to wear over tights.
Or maybe I'll just buy one for my neice. They definitely look best on adorable little girls.

2 comments:

  1. awwww...
    i ca't wait until Gabriella is old enough to take ballet lessons!!! She will be sooooo cute.

    And I think you wear a tutu if you darn well please. It's much more decent and feminine than most crap girls wear these days.

    I know how you feel because when I was little, I was in 2 ballets and I had to be Christopher Robin in the Winnie-the-Pooh ballet and in the Snow White ballet, all the other girls got to be beautiful bluebirds, with lovely pastel blue tutus and wings, and I had to be a dumb old bumblebee. ;-( Maybe that was the beginning of my deep-seated need to always play the girl's part. Which meant you always got stuck with the boy's part. I apologize for that. Blame my ballet teacher. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen that you can buy a tutu at hot topic?! I am not gunna lie...it made me pretty happy. I would never buy one but It made me happy to think that some teen was going to buy it and then wear it with pride!

    ReplyDelete