Thursday, May 13, 2010

School's Out


Today is Phillip's last day of finals. He is one presentation, one project, and one haircut away from summer vacation. Sometimes I feel like he'll never be done with school, and I have a hard time imagining our lives without the rush of homework. As fun as it sounds, I do get tired of watching tv by myself at night while Phillip studies. (I know, shocking.) But this post is to remind myself that this is not forever. This time next year, Phillip will be graduating. This is just a tiny stage in the grand scheme of our lives. So we should enjoy the freedom it brings while it lasts. I'm very excited for him to have this summer break (even though he's taking a few classes) because I know he'll miss them when they're gone (I sure do!).
Tonight, when all the projects are turned in, I'm locking the doors and turning off my phone, because I'm starved for attention and want to spend the first night of summer vacation keeping him all to myself.  Because as Harry said, "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible!"


(P.S. Arielei - hang in there! I know you're in the single digits now! Praying for you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment