Wednesday, March 24, 2010

In a fog...

I can't seem to wake up today. I hope its allergies, but my head feels horribly foggy and achey and I just want to crawl back into my bed. In fact, I was so opposed to getting out of it this morning that I stayed there until the last possible second (or maybe until Phillip dragged me, whining, out of it) and subsequently skipped my shower in order to make it to work at a reasonable time. Maybe its because I tossed and turned all night long, but all I want to do is stare out the window at the gently drifting snowflakes and rest my head on my hand like Juliet - "Ah, me."  I'm sure that not sleeping has nothing at all to do with the large amount of chocolate cake I ate while catching up on Chuck last night. I'm sure its because I'm a poor, helpless, sick little girl who needs a nap and possibly her mommy. And I'm just positive that all of this foggy, sleepy, lazy headachy business ought to mean I get lots of sympathy and time on the couch.
But it doesn't.
Life is so unfair sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment